Learn More About Applying for a Grant
- Read our 'What We Fund' page.
- Read about our 'Exclusions' page and our FAQ.
- Take the Eligibility Quiz. If you are eligible, you will be directed to the online application form and advised which programme you should apply under.
- Read our application guidance document and sample application form.
- Complete the application form.
We work to promote equity and transparency in our grant making and across our organisation, and to ensure that our processes enable grantees and potential grantees to be impactful and successful without creating barriers or imposing unnecessary burdens.
All potential applicants must complete our Eligibility Quiz to determine whether they should submit an application. We never work with third-party agents or consultants to source or solicit applications to our Open Grant Programme, and no special preference is given to applications or organisations that work with third-party agents to submit their applications. Each application is assessed independently and equitably by our grants team and board of trustees against our criteria.
Please note that you will not be able to access the application form until you have completed the Eligibility Quiz.
APPLICATION IN PROGRESSYou can save your unfinished application and return to it as many times as you like before you submit it. Once you submit your application, it can no longer be edited. However, a copy will be sent to your registered email address.
Please note that trying to create a new account or application using the below link will not work. You must complete our eligibility quiz to access a unique URL link to create a new application.
- Once you submit your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email.
- Your Grants Officer will then be assigned. They will be your point of contact and will manage the assessment process.
- Your application is assessed by your Grants Officer and The Foundation's Trustees. We may ask for further information and/or arrange a visit.
- We aim to make a decision within twelve weeks for grants and projects of £15,000 or less, or within six months for grants of more than £15,000.
We will notify you if your application has been unsuccessful, however, we do not have the resources to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.