Covid-19: Clothworkers' Emergency Capital Programme
We have now closed the the Clothworkers Emergency Capital Programme except to organisations who have already started an application. If you have started an application, you have until 12pm on 2nd June to submit your application. Organisations with incomes of up to £1million can still apply for small grants through our normal open grants programmes (but please note we are not accepting applications for larger capital projects).
The closure of the emergency grants programme does not signal an end to our Covid-19 funding response. We will continue to fund Covid-19 related initiatives strategically. You can find out more information about our funding response to Covid-19 here.
The Clothworkers’ Emergency Capital Programme (CECP) will award small capital grants of up to £5,000 for essential capital items to adapt or increase services in response to the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic. Priority will be given to organisations supporting vulnerable and ‘at risk’ groups within our programme areas during this period.
Please note that London charities cannot directly apply to this grants programme. Instead, London charities can apply to the London Community Response Fund. The Clothworkers' Foundation (and other funders) will then have access to your application.
We recognise the immediate need for capital items and aim to make quick decisions on applications. However, if we receive a large volume of applications it may take up to two weeks for a decision to reach you.
We expect the criteria for this programme to evolve as our understanding of the needs of organisations supporting beneficiaries in our programme areas develops.
Key features of the fund:
- Applications are only open to charities whose beneficiaries are not based in London
- We will award capital grants of up to £5,000 (but we will not award grants equal to more than 50% of your annual income)
- The high volume of applications means that it is likely to take four weeks for us to make a decision on your application.
- Capital projects that are planned as part of your organisation's ordinary course of business are not eligible; for these you may wish to review the What We Fund page for our Open Grants Programmes
Key organisational eligibility:
- Income of less than £2 million per annum
- Work of the applicant organisation must fall within our nine programme areas
- We do not support organisations that promote a particular religion or that only provide services to people of a particular religion
You must demonstrate your not-for-profit status in the application form and your accounts. We fund the following types of charitable and not-for-profit organisations:
- Charities registered with the Charity Commission including Community Interest Organisations (CIO)
- Community Interest Companies (limited by guarantee without share capital)
- ‘Exempt Charities’ (in which case we require details of your principal regulator and/or evidence of HMRC exemption)
- Special Schools
Please note that a ‘Constitution’ document alone is not a sufficient demonstration of eligibility.